She gave my book back to me after having it for a few weeks, and when I saw it I just wanted to cry. The cover was completely ruined. It was covered in creases, the spine was cracked, and the pages were bent. I told her it was OK, because it wasn't one of my favorite books, and I would just order another copy. She asked if she could borrow Hex Hall, and because of my other book coming back in terrible condition, I was a little hesitant. I told her if she gave it to me in the same condition she gave my other book in, she would have to get me another copy.
When I got Hex Hall back, it was not damaged like the first book I let her borrow, and decided it was just an accident and I wouldn't care if she borrowed my books anymore. Like the good friend I am, I made her read a book I was obsessed with at the time. She gave that book back and the spine was burnt. I was completely flabbergasted, I asked her what the hell happened to my book, and she replied " I was playing with a lighter. Its safe to say I was pissed off for the rest of the day.
She didn't ask to borrow my books for a while, and I was 100% OK with that, until I read a book I knew she would like. I brought it to school with me, and told her she had to read it. A few weeks passed and she didn't give it back, so I asked if she was still reading it. She told me she gave it back to me a few days ago. I told her she didn't and she replied in a pissed off tone that would look around her room, and see if she could find it, even though she already gave it to me. I gave her the second book, and I got that back after a few days. I asked her if she found the first book, and she said she didn't because she already gave it to me. I told her she didn't but I would reorder it when I ordered the third book. I finally got the third book, and I read it in a day. It was such a great conclusion, I wanted her to read it asap. I was leaving the next day to go to New Jersey for a few weeks. I told her I would bring the book over to her house before I leave, and she could give it back to me when I got home.
When I got home she said she was still reading it, and she would give it back to me in a few days. A week passed and I still didn't have my book. I asked her about it, and like the first book, she said she gave it back to me. Long story short, I didn't get my book back. After all of that, I decided I would just recommend books to her, and she could buy them if she wanted to read them.
Now the only person I trust with my books is my sister. I won't even let my Mutter read my books. My sister lives in Texas, so it takes a while for me to get them back, but I know they will not be damaged. The moral of my lame story is, It's safe to recommend books to people, but it's usually not safe to let them borrow your copy.
No comments:
Post a Comment